2.06.2008

The Real Thing.


I'm too old to go out and par-tay on a "school night"! It's horrible. When did I get this old? The Crew and I used to be able to hang with the best of them any night of the week and STILL make it to work the next day. Every night of the week was the weekend!

Not anymore. Last night the crew (minus a few) couldn't resist going to the Jill Scott concert at the Paramount in Seattle...on a Tuesday night. Who's "the crew" you ask? That would be homies. My roll dawgs. My people. A crazy mix of characters that I have known for years...or what seems like years! When we are all together, it is a combination of fun and chaos! There have been a couple of new additions to the crew in the last couple of years, and honestly, I feel sorry for them sometimes! We have too many crazy stories and history that they just have to sit there and listen to the rambling. The picture above is from last night - obviously early, cause they all still look awake. From left to right: Ron (my pupu!), Rai, Boogs, Paulette and Nate (what's he looking at?). I could go on and on about each one of them, but I'll hold off. I'm too tired still!

Jill was fabulous. I love her so. I think she's loosened up a little over the years, cause girlfriend was getting her drink on and pretending she was doing something that rhymes with horatio on stage! Nasty thang! She sang all of my favorites and created new favs for me. What a creative force she is. I'm inspired and still in awe...even in my sleep-deprived state.

No comments: