4.28.2008

Mexican food creates hazmat scare at Sea-Tac Airport


I love this story!

SEATAC, Wash. – A sick man's leaky baggage created a hazmat scare at Sea-Tac Airport Friday, April 25.

It turned out to be Mexican food.

An airport spokesman says the man arrived overnight from Puerto Vallarta aboard an Alaska Airlines flight. He was sick on the plane and had to be taken to the hospital.

The medics didn't get his bags, so they were set out at the baggage area all night and started leaking.

Crews in hazmat suits taped off the area to investigate, only to find that the man had packed tamales and chile in the bags.

It's not immediately clear why the man got sick.


I'll tell you why he got sick...he knew that his Mexican food from the motherland was going to spoil and it made him sick! Let me tell you, good tamales are like GOLD! I only get the good ones at Christmas when my mom and sister make them. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it. Good Mexican food is a slice of heaven on earth. If I could package the feeling, taste and smell of sitting at my Abuelita's kitchen table when I was a child, I would! Homemade tortillas, fresh frijoles, arroz, guacamole, carnitas, chicharones, papas fritas and homemade salsas! Ugh. I'm feenin'! Good thing I'm going to get a fix in a few weeks. Family Fest 2008 in California is nearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is straight up comedy! Only yo' peoples would do some shiznit like that! But you definitely have my mouth watering for some Puerta Vy-Orchard mexi goodness! - Boogs

Anonymous said...

P-

You need to get yo ass over to the crack. Shit... we got mexican food causing hazmat scares all over the place. Mainly in every taco wagon on the eastside of town. Still my favorite place to eat and I am still alive.