9.14.2008

Saying no to triathlons.


Yeah! The race is over and they did an awesome job!


They are waiting to swim...in that ice cold lake!


GO Cid and Gabe!

Today Gabe did his first triathlon. It was at "Try-It" triathlon, that let him experience the race as a novice. Mi hermana did it with him, even though she did a half-marathon of 1.2 miles swim, 56 miles bike and 13.1 run the day before! Who does that? The race they did today was .25 miles swim, 11 mile bike and 2.8 mile run. I know, nothing! LOL. It was fun to see him push and finish victoriously.

While CinDee and Gabe were swimming, biking and running, Lou and I watched all the curious peeps at the event! Lots of kids and dogs. And parents that looked like they just rolled out of bed. I did my part, and tried to blend in with some yoga pants and sporty zip-up! I think my earings, makeup, InStyle magazine and combed hair gave me away as if "non-excersiser" was stamped on my head! Oh well. I did run a few meters to get out of the way of actual racers. That's gotta be good for something!

At the end, Gabe said he liked doing it, and will probably do more. I'll guess I'll need to work on my disguise for the next time I get up at 5:30am to see him.

No comments: