11.14.2008

NYC came to the Tac

So the Pupu's mom was in town last week, and it was a whirlwind of shopping, sight-seeing and yummy Caribbean food! She can cook! One night, we went to see La Familia and she cooked plantains, chicken curry and cook-up rice. It was heaven. Here's some pics of that night...but I forgot to take pics of the food. No matter, it disappeared with a quickness anyway! Also, I couldn't resist posting a pic of Dylan, Ron's new sobrino. He is adorable!

If you are craving some serious Guyanese food, this is the site http://guyanaoutpost.com/recipes/recipes_alpha.shtml.

The Pupu's mom gave the recipes her seal of approval and said something fabulous I couldn't quite understand!
I always want to say "Hey Mon!", but am quickly reminded that is Jamaican and not Guyanese! Oops. I guess that's like them calling me "Spanish"!







No comments: