2.20.2008

Platanos and Collard Greens


I need to see this play! The tagline is, "A hit play that asks can love between Blacks and Latinos survive?" I love that! Not only does the obvious connection to my pupu stand out, but with my crew! They are truly the first "collard greens" in my life. Here's a synopsis on the play:

"Platanos is a thought-provoking romantic comedy that tactfully addresses stereotypes, prejudices and urban myths that exist between African Americans and Latinos, within the context of Hip-Hop, humor, and satire. The play impels the audience to evaluate pervasive stereotypes. Platanos humorously displays these common, yet outrageous, viewpoints while deftly shooting them down and poetically exposing them as misrepresentations of reality. The audience while laughing out loud, is likely to question conventional attitudes held about themselves and others."

Ok, I'm seeing this when I finally go to NYC!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And girlfriend spits on the collards too. Don't know what she is missing. I am going to sop me up some with a "kurn" biscuit soon