2.26.2008

Some things I'm working on.




Here are a couple of projects that fund my fun! Freelancing is a great outlet for me. It let's me 'do my thang' without the restrictions of the corporate world. Not that I have many!

First up is the logo for the new and upcoming Gig Harbor Film Festival. I designed their logo, business collateral, and the invite and program for their first fundraiser. The fundraiser took place last weekend at Canterwood Golf and Country Club. Everytime I went to Canterwood for a meeting I expected to see more glitz! But all I saw was a bunch of folks, who I'm guessing are loaded...and not very diverse! Who woulda guessed that, at a country club? Ha! It's been a fun project to work on.

Second is the invite for Habitat for Humanity's "Changing Lives" breakfast. This event is their annual congrats breakfast to the people receiving the homes. I can't see myself volunteering to build a house, but somehow I've convinced myself that I'm helping out by "giving good design"!

Lastly is the poster for the annual RAGS wearable art gala. I LOVE THIS EVENT! It bursts with creativity! It's a juried art show that has everything from jewelry, scarves, bags, clothing etc. And it is NICE stuff. The things that people can do amaze me. I get inspired everytime I attend. This is my 4th year designing and art directing their event collateral - creating the "look", save the date postcard, invite, poster and advertisement. If you get a chance to go to this event, DO! It is open to the public Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 7 to 9.

No comments: